Side hustles are one way to make extra money. They’re also a great way to find new opportunities, learn new skills and meet new people. However, there’s more than one way to go about it. Some side hustles are better suited for certain areas of life than others—and this is true whether you live in the city or the country. In this article we’ll look at some of the best side hustle ideas out there today so that you can find something that fits your lifestyle and interests:
Rent out an entire apartment/house for students or tourists. Students are always looking for places to stay when they’re on vacation, so why not offer them an opportunity? Also consider renting apartments or houses exclusively for short-term visitors who want some extra privacy while they’re away–whether that means travelers headed overseas during their trip or business people staying overnight during meetings at conferences nearby (these people tend to travel with their laptops). These types of spaces would be perfect candidates because they don’t require any maintenance like cleaning and cooking every day; instead these kinds of rentals are more focused around guest comfort than anything else.*
Thanks to Joanne King, company director at ICMP
Pets are a growing market, and people who have pets need care and attention. Pet care is one of the fastest growing side hustles because it’s so easy to set up as an entrepreneur. Pet sitting is an ideal side hustle for people who have time on their hands—you never know when your best friend will decide they don’t want to go outside anymore!
Pet sitting is a great way to make some extra money from home. If you have experience with animals and like spending time around them, this could be a great opportunity for you to earn some cash when you aren’t working or studying. There are many companies that hire pet sitters, so there’s no need to start your own business—just look for one that has openings near where you live.
Thanks to Jay Soni MD of Yorkshire Fabric Shop.
As a virtual assistant, you receive a set amount of money in exchange for working on your own schedule. You’ll be paid by the hour and can choose to take as much time as you need to complete an assignment. If you’re looking to make extra money from home without having to commit full-time hours, this is one of the most promising side hustles for 2022.
However, there are some potential drawbacks:
- It’s hard to find clients—the best way around this problem is through word-of-mouth referrals from friends or family members who have used virtual assistant services before (or online recruiting sites like Upwork).
- The pay isn’t always great—while some employers may offer generous packages with benefits like health insurance or vacation time, others may only pay $15/hour or less while charging fees ranging from $20-$50 per hour depending on what services they require completed (e.g., research)
Nely Mihaylova, a Content Executive at Scooter. guide.
Blogging is a great way to make money online. It requires minimal investment, but you need a niche and the ability to write well. You also have to be able to promote your blog and build an audience, as well as earn money from ads, affiliate marketing or selling your own products on Amazon.
Before you start building up your audience though, there are some things that you should do:
- Choose a topic that’s interesting for people who are looking for information about it. Then optimize the content by using an explainer video, images, or infographic. For example if I was writing about how many books I read each month—no one would care! So instead choose something like “how much money can I make by starting my own business” or “how do I become rich?”
Thanks to Steve Pogson, Founder & E-commerce Strategy Lead at FirstPier
Proofreading may be the best option for you if you find reading grammatically incorrect content revolting. You have many options, whether you’re good with verb tenses or prefer to polish your writing. Proofreaders are always in demand from business owners, bloggers, website owners, content authors, and others. Starting a side business in proofreading has the potential to pay well. You can work virtually anywhere, and the hours can be very flexible.
Thanks to Kelley Van Boxmeer from Motion Invest
People regularly leave their old furniture on the curb to be disposed of. People notice it and remove it so they may restore it on their own. If you’re willing to put some effort into it, you may actually make a good amount of money from this. You can flip furniture if it has a sound structural foundation and only requires minimal updating. Only new hardware and a fresh coat of paint are required. Thrift shops, garage sales, Craigslist, and Goodwill are all excellent places to look. By doing this, you may minimize your spending and increase your earnings.
Thanks to Paul Somerville, Editor-in-Chief at Electric Scooter Guide
Side hustles can be a good way to make extra money.
Side hustles can be a good way to make extra money, but they require time and dedication. If you want to make more money, there are many ways to do so!
- Build your resume by doing side hustles that will help you learn new skills, build up your experience level in certain areas of life (like writing or coding), or just give back by volunteering at local organizations.
- Learn something new with each side hustle: whether it’s learning how to make a QR code, to code, verify emails, or write better articles; taking on leadership positions within your organization; collaborating with other people who have similar interests as yours so that together we can work towards something bigger than ourselves individually.
We hope this article has given you some ideas on how to make money with your side hustle. We encourage you to try out as many of these ideas as possible and see what works for you! For more tips, check out our blog post on how to start a side hustle here. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below. We would love to hear from you!